Sunday, February 20, 2011

Creating an Urban Herb Garden

Its days like these that I can imagine myself living in Seattle. Just woke up from a cozy nap with the windows open and Zero 7 playing softly in the background. In Arizona, days like these are rare, so I like to savor them when they stop by.
Over the past two weeks, Billy has been in Roanoke, Virginia on a business trip training employees. I was definitely lonely without him here and the adage is true, distance makes the heart grow fonder. Luckily, he doesn’t expect to have to go on that trip again, also good for him considering Roanoke isn’t the most exciting city on the East coast.
One thing I have been developing lately is an urban herb garden. On our patio, I have four little pots of parsley, Thai basil, oregano, and rosemary. All three except the rosemary were purchased already grown and it’s my job to keep them alive. The rosemary started with four seeds, but only one has seemed to take root. I was particularly excited when I found the Thai basil because I love making curries and haven’t been able to find that particular type of basil at the market. I hope to complete the collection with sweet basil, cilantro, and lavender (my favorite essential oil). Luckily, I have my mom as an expert in gardening to help me along the way.

2 comments:

  1. If you grow some cilantro, can I please have some?! It's my favorite food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got some yummy Cilantro for you Ari!

    ReplyDelete