A few highlights of late… I went to a fundraising breakfast for my alma mater, Arizona School for the Arts and got to say hi to my French teacher and principal. A few alumni are planning a reunion in May and I’m excited to see old friends!
Then Billy and I went to the Arizona Science Center for the Bodyworlds Exhibit with a special feature on the brain. It was amazing to see the intricacies that make us who we are.
Two weeks ago, I met my dad on campus, just a minute away from my office, to pick up all the necessities of graduation. We ordered announcements (coming to your mailbox soon), became a member of the Alumni Association, and got my cap and gown. Afterwards, we went to Thai Basil for lunch. It seems surreal sometimes that this chapter in my life is coming to a close.
Billy brewed his second beer solo. It’s a Belgian IPA (India Pale Ale), titled Wilhelm. Here is a picture of what it looked like after the fermentation process, I promise the end result is quite delicious and a golden amber color.
We added a lovely addition to our kitchen, a stand mixer and I am in heaven. It makes Billy’s "world famous" chocolate chip cookies in minutes and here is a picture of the Irish Soda Bread we made for St. Patrick’s Day. We brought it over to Billy’s sister and brother-in-law, Cindy and Eric’s house where we were surrounded by good food and even better company.
My goal right now is to find a job with an arts organization in development. I have applied for a few positions and am just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best.
An update on my urban herb garden: sadly, a few herbs have not survived the increase in temperature here in Arizona. My mom tells me its normal that sometimes for no reason, a plant will die. It’s hard to tell whether it’s too much or too little sun or too much or too little water. Two shining stars are the oregano and the fern leaf lavender.
And to close, Billy and I went to Ari's wedding last night and she was beautiful and happy.



Great blog, Kelsey! You are such an awesome person... you inspire me.
ReplyDeleteHope all is well:)
YAY!!!! I can't wait to celebrate you graduating! It is a huge moment and something to be very proud of. I love you girl!!!
ReplyDeleteKaitlin, thank you so dear. I hope all is well with you, its been too long since I've seen you!
ReplyDeleteAri, I can't wait to celebrate with you! Loved celebrating your marriage beautiful!